Kovilpatti Venkateswara Hospital
Knee arthritis is a progressive medical condition caused by slow wear and tear of knee joint cartilage. Osteoarthritis is the most common type is knee arthritis. An injury or knee fracture may develop post-traumatic arthritis.
Causes of Knee Arthritis
Various factors that lead to knee arthritis include
Symptoms of Knee Arthritis
Common symptoms associated with knee arthritis include:
- Knee stiffness and swelling
- Warmth around the knee
- Clicking or grating of knee muscles
- Decreased strength of the knee muscles
- Aggravates with weight-bearing activities
Diagnosing Knee Arthritis
Your physiotherapist or specialist suspect the symptoms of knee arthritis and conducts a series of knee tests including X-ray to confirm and identify signs of knee arthritis.
Treatment for Knee Arthritis
At Kovilpatti Venkateswara Hospital, we provide laparoscopic Knee Arthritis Surgery to address the degeneration in the knee joint. The type of surgery is decided by the knee specialist based on the condition and the most common surgical method for treating knee arthritis includes:
- Total joint replacement: Total joint replacement surgery involves the complete replacement of the knee with a prosthetic made of plastic, ceramic, or metal. The prosthetic fuses with the tissues and nerves and blood vessels grow around to fuse with the body.
- Osteotomy: Osteotomy is a surgical procedure performed to modify the knee bones to control damage and pressure in the knee.
- Arthroscopy: Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure during which a small incision in made in the knee in to remove or repair damaged parts of the knee.
Post-Surgical Knee Rehabilitation
Post-operative knee rehabilitation is an important aspect of knee surgery recovery. This provides a faster and effective recovery from the disease condition with a qualified knee physiotherapist.
Along with surgical treatment method, we also provide physiotherapy treatment method to improve the symptoms of the disease. The main goals of physiotherapy include restoring full knee motion, strength, power and endurance.
- Reduce the pain and inflammation in knee joint.
- Normalise range of motion.
- Strengthen your knee alignment and function.
- Improve agility and balance.
At Kovilpatti Venkateswara Hospital, we provide the most advanced and sophisticated diagnostics and treatments techniques for patients with knee arthritis and provide Osteoarthritis Treatment. We brings together a multidisciplinary team of highly qualified and well experienced medical and surgical specialists who offer patients safe and effective treatments and rehabilitative programs to offer the intact continuum of care for the knee arthritis patient. To know more about knee arthritis and treatment options, book an appointment now.